Position: Event Executive
Location: Northern Ireland (based in Coleraine)
Type: Full-time Position
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000
Start date: October 2023
About Northern Lights: At Northern Lights, we specialise in crafting exceptional events that leave a lasting impact. From corporate events to weddings and private hire, we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to excellence. As an Event Executive with us, you’ll play a crucial role in creating memorable experiences that not only meet but exceed our client’s expectations.
We are looking for an experienced individual to organise events that include weddings, awards ceremonies, conferences and private parties. You must be well organised and competent.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in the events industry and you want to work in an environment where the people within our team are the key to our success, then keep reading.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their event goals, preferences, and requirements.
- Take the lead in planning, organising, and executing events from concept to completion.
- Work closely with our Events and Office Coordinator, preparing event sheets and briefing our operation team, of which you will be an integral part, to ensure our customer experience is exceptional.
- Manage event budgets, staff, logistics and ensure cost-effective planning.
- Setting up events, liaising with venues and operating our full range of our event services
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, and partners.
- Always represent Northern Lights in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven experience as an event co-ordinator. 3rd Level Qualification in Event Management is preferred, although this is not essential.
- Outstanding client relationship skills with a keen ability to understand and deliver on client expectations.
- Strong initiative and proactive approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A full, clean driving license.
- Willingness to load and drive vans, occasional heavy lifting can be expected.
- Experience with CDM software and sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress and social media is a plus.
- Creative mindset with an eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think logistically and work under pressure whilst always remaining calm and professional.
- Willingness to work weekends.
What We Offer:
- A dynamic and inclusive work environment where your creativity and ideas are valued.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development in the events industry.
- The chance to work on a diverse range of events, each with its own unique challenges and rewards.
- Excellent training & development with opportunities to progress.
- Competitive salary, with full pension and added incentives.
If you’re passionate about customer satisfaction, you enjoy client interaction, and are forward-thinking, we’d love to hear from you!
Application Instructions: To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, and a portfolio of previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us about a particularly challenging situation that you’ve found yourself in and how you tackled the obstacles it presented you with.
Application deadline: 5pm on 10th September 2023
Northern Lights is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.